Elevate your outdoor space
Our skilled team of landscaping experts specialize in creating stunning landscapes using a variety of living elements. We can also renew your existing space with a variety of Softscape services tailored to your needs.
Need grading on your privately owned property? Whether you’re dealing with uneven surfaces, poor drainage, or slopes that need adjustment, we have the expertise to ensure proper grading, and can take care of all your grading and levelling needs.
Our soil work solutions lay the groundwork for healthy, vibrant gardens and lush green spaces.
Plant your lawn from scratch or renew your current lawn in the spring with over seeding. We recommend over seeding after aerating your lawn.
Hydro seeding is an economical and efficient way to seed large exposed areas using water as a carrier. A fiber mulch of wood or straw is added to ensure uniform mixing which has a number of other benefits once the solution hits the ground.
The Miracle of Mulch
- Moisture retention and higher germination rates
- Reduced seed removal by birds
- Prevents wind erosion and loss of seed
- Erosion protection from rain splash
- Less soil crusting
Where to use it
Hydroseeding can be done on very small areas that are difficult to access or on large bare construction zones adjacent to roadwork or transmission lines. It can be done on slopes up to 3:1 and non flowing drainage areas. For steeper slopes a Bonded Fibre Matrix is added to the hydroseeding solution to bind and stabilize soil. Erosion control blankets are placed first where there is the potential for flowing water such as ditches and drains.
How it’s done
Based on the size of the job Livingstone will use one of its many hydroseeders to spread the seed and mulch solution using a high pressure sprayer. The seed mix and mulch selection is specific to the terrain, climate zone, and erosion control needs. Livingstone will either use a client’s specification provided for a project or recommend mixes to individual clients.
Hydro Seed Your:
- Residential Lots
- Lawn Replacement
- Erosion Control Projects
- Sport Fields
- Golf Courses
- Utility Trench Lines
- Construction Restoration Sites
- Parks/School Yards
- Oil Field Restoration
- Site Restoration, and the list goes on…
Your choice of turfgrass variety depends on the final use of the area to be sodded. Information on each variety’s characteristics, recommended uses and maintenance requirements will help you select the turfgrass variety most appropriate for your use.
All of our varieties are #1 Kentucky Bluegrass
Peat Based Sod
- Peat moss is organic material that is used to enrich soil.
- Peat moss retains moisture better than mineral soil, but requires more watering.
- Peat based sod is lighter to handle for installation.
- Peat based sod is suited for residential properties with underground sprinkler systems.
Mineral Based Sod
- Mineral based sod is suited for high traffic applications
- Mineral based sod is heavier to install, however easier to care for.
Executive Blend Mineral Based Sod
- Golf course quality sod
- Delivered at 1 inch of height.
- The best color and disease package
When it comes time to decide what type of sod for your application, please contact us!
We can help you get your planting beds off to a great start. We specialize in designing and installing stunning planting beds that add beauty, texture, and color to your outdoor space.